May 12th, 2022 by
After a winter spent hibernating inside, it feels wonderful to imagine a spring and summer spending time in the garden, whether that just having your morning coffee, sitting in the sunshine with a book, or throwing parties and barbecues for friends and family.
To really maximise this time, it’s nice to get the garden looking its best so that it’s a really pleasant environment to spend time in. Here is a rundown of the best products you might need to do that.
Most gardens will require a bit of a clean-up after a long winter of harsh weather. The following products will allow you to get your hard surfaces looking like new again:
- Patio Cleaner: get rid of green mould and algae, which looks unsightly and can make patios and paths slippery when wet. This product can also be used on decking. Alternatively, use an organic product that is fully biodegradable.
- Black Spot Remover: the black spots you can see on stones and concrete are black lichen and you can’t remove this with standard cleaning products. Black spot remover contains an active ingredient to break it down and destroy it.
- Patio Seal: Once you have cleaned up your patio, why not preserve the results for longer by applying a sealant to make it weatherproof and protect from contaminants like grease, oil, and dirt.
- Weed Killer: another thing that will ruin the appearance of block paving is the weeds that plant themselves in the gaps between the stones. Pulling them up provides short-lived results so eradicate them properly with an effective weed killer. You can even use this product on hogweed and Japanese knotweed.
2 x 5L Pro-Kleen Simply Spray Ready to Use Patio Cleaner
The simplest and most effective patio and decking cleaner on the market - Simply Spray and Walk Away is ready to use straight out of the bottle. No mixing, no diluting, and no fuss - Simply Spray and Walk Away!
Price: £18.98Buy Now
Your lawn will make or break your garden, often accounting for the greatest proportion of the space. These products help you to maximise it:
- Iron Sulphate: this gives your grass all the nutrients it needs to grow strong and be healthy. Not only does this harden the turf and make it more robust for the increased use over the summer, but it will also make it greener and more resistant to pests, disease, and weeds. This product includes seaweed extract to achieve a denser sward.
- Artificial Grass Cleaner: if you have artificial grass, it will benefit from periodic cleaning as it can potentially harbour bacteria, especially if you have pets that are toileting on it. This product will disinfect it, eradicate bad odours, and give it a fresh new fragrance.
5 Litres Pro-Kleen Liquid Iron Sulphate and Lawn Tonic with Seaweed Extract
Price: £17.18Buy Now
There are several pieces of kit that will help you do jobs in the garden much more effectively and efficiently:
- Pump Sprayer: while many garden products such as patio cleaner, iron sulphate, and weed killer can be applied using a watering can, it’s easier and more efficient with a sprayer. You’ll cover the ground in half the time and won’t need to fill up anywhere near as often for a large area.
- Hedge Trimmer: you’re not still cutting the hedge by hand, are you? A hedge trimmer will not only get the job done in a fraction of the time but will achieve a neater finish too – win-win!
- Pressure Washer: a pressure washer has multiple applications around the garden – clean hard surfaces, garden furniture, decking, bikes, cars etc. They’re also great fun to use and achieve brilliant results, often without needing detergent. This complete kit even includes a snow foam lance for washing the car.
Pro-Kleen Garden Sprayer 3L
Price: £16.99Buy Now
There are other, more specific, surfaces you may wish to spruce up if you want to do a thorough job:
- Kennel Cleaner: if you have an outdoor kennel, your pet will thank you for keeping it clean and free of bacteria and fungi, and any other nasties that could be developing in there. A kennel disinfectant will get rid of these harmful microbes and maintain a safe and clean environment for your beloved dog.
- Roof Cleaner: are the roofs around your home letting the whole property down? Roof cleaner will remove moss, mould, lichen, and algae to get them looking clean and presentable again. Not just for the roof of your house, use it on summer houses, sheds, garages, and garden offices.
Pro-Kleen Kennel Kleen Disinfectant Bubblegum Fragrance, 10 Litre Drum
Price: £14.99Buy Now
If you are also looking to add a touch of glam and create a space to sit back and unwind in your garden why not check out our list of the best garden furniture we have on offer in 2022!
Leave a reply
Your e-mail address will not be published. All fields are required