Frequently bought together
Our Ceiling fans have been developed around our customers needs to increase the level of temperature efficiency throughout the year within their buildings.
From farmers to factory managers, the Ceililng fan principally operates in agricultural and industrial markets, understanding the importance of providing positive air movement conditions for animals and humans alike.
This range of ceiling sweep fans, available in three sizes, 36”, 48” and 56” are specifically designed to eliminate heat stratification by forcing warm or heated air down again, equally, HCF units are also designed to provide positive air
movement for continuous cooling.
The market applications are so diverse, ranging from poultry, for heat de-stratification, dairy for herd cooling, seasonal office cooling, to factories
and workshops, kitchens, industrial warehousing and hospitals to name a few.
Applications are one thing, benefits another, so whether it’s energy cost savings, heat stress reduction in animals, comfortable staff working conditions, dryer bedding litter for poultry, reduced condensation in buildings or thicker coats
for your dairy herd, ceiling fans and application knowledge can benefit you.
Fan Features & Benefits
• Capacitor start and run motor fitted with ball bearings. Class E insulation, suitable for 40°C ambient operating temperature.
• HCF fans are supplied with two down rod lengths as standard. The short down rod is 150mm, suitable where the fans are mounted below the ceiling or roof height,
for example, beams. The long down rod is 400mm in length.
• An additional safety feature of the ceiling fan is a steel cable which passes through the drop rod, connecting the motor body to the J-hook mounting bracket.
• Ease of installation which can be carried out by a qualified electrician.
• Low capital investment yields returns sooner
• The HCFC1.7 reversing ceiling fan controller provides an extra dimension to typical installations as the fan speed can be selected to match changing environmental conditions, particularly relevant to installations where the mounting height is lower.
Each HCFC1.7 controller has been specifically designed to provide control of either one or up to 5 HCF fans.
HCFC1.7 controllers are infinitely variable with solid state components, insulated spindle, white cover plate and suitable for surface mounting only.
HCF fans must only be used with an HCFC1.7 controller or an On/Off switch.
• Fully Reversible - Where minimal air disturbance is required, HCF fans can be fully reversed at the flick of a switch. With this setting, the air is forced upwards to the ceiling area, then down the walls to the desired area.
• Flexible for either summer cooling and comfort or heat conservation
• A full 12 months warranty on all HCF Models.
The HCFC1.7 controller is NOT included
Whether it’s a heating or cooling requirement, it is important to determine the precise number of fans required, in order to do this;
1) Decide upon the mounting height of the ceiling fans (There must be a minimum
distance of 2.3m between the floor and the lowest point of the ceiling fan).
2) Determine the floor area in Square metres.
3) Graph 1.0 below should be used to ascertain the area required by each HCF Fan at the mounting height.
4) By dividing the floor area with the area required from Graph 1.0 this allows you to round up to the next whole number, thereby determining the number of fans required.
Ceiling Fan Selection for Heat Conservation
Fan selection depends upon the height and area of the building. As a guideline, Hydor provides useful details below to calculate the number and types of ceiling fans required.
(A) Select one HCF900 (36”) per 33m2 / 355ft2
Select one HCF1200 (48”) per 90m2 / 968ft2
Select one HCF1400 (56”) per 145m2 / 1560ft2
(B) Select HCF900 (36”) units for a maximum of 3m / 10ft mounting height
Select HCF1200 (48”) units for a maximum of 6m / 20ft mounting height
Select HCF1400 (56”) units for a maximum of 9m / 30ft mounting height
Please note the ‘mounting height’ refers to the distance between the blades and the floor. There must be a minimum distance of 2.3m between the floor and the lowest point of the fan.
AIR DELIVERY MAX 3.92 m3/s
67 Watts On Full Speed
Documents & Instructions
Frequently asked questions
Ask one of our experts!
We aim to answer all questions as soon as possible - often within a few hours! Although please bear in mind that during busier periods it may take up to 48 hours to receive a response. We look forward to hearing from you.