What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer when you visit a website.
- First party cookies are set by the site you have chosen to visit.
- Third party cookies are set by sites external to the one you are visiting.
- Session cookies expire when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies do not immediately expire and will remain on your computer until they reach their expiration date or you choose to remove them.
Why should I be concerned?
The E-Privacy Directive asks businesses to make their online customers aware of their cookie usage, so that customers may opt out if they prefer. Cookies are not computer programs and they cannot spread viruses. They cannot access other information stored on the users computer such as email addresses or passwords.
We recommend that you accept cookies from our site, as you will not be able to use our online shopping service without them, or would prevent us from making future improvements to services based on tracked visitor behaviour.
If you do wish to disable cookies it can be achieved via your browser settings or via www.networkadvertising.org/choices. To find out more about managing cookies visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
What cookies do we use?
We first party cookies to:
- provide a shopping service such as logging in to your account, remembering the contents of your basket and remembering your details whilst going through checkout.
- remember if you wish to see prices with or without VAT.
We use third party session and persistent cookies to:
- track sales where the visitor was referred from external sites.
- provide live chat to our customers.
- provide payment services from Paypal and Amazon.